Stay close to what’s important, with all of your notifications in one place. Simply swipe to peek into the BlackBerry® more
The classic BlackBerry® Keyboard has been re-engineered and elegantly designed to help you type faster, more accurately and with the more
Pinpoint and adjust elements of your picture to get the photo you want. Time Shift mode captures milliseconds before and more
Once you’ve captured the perfect photos, use Story Maker to weave those moments together to create a movie in just more
Switch your BBM™ chat to a BBM Video conversation and talk face-to-face with those that matter to you most. Use more
Posts Tagged: release
Manila, the Philippines – Research In Motion (RIM) (NASDAQ: RIMM; TSX: RIM) today announced that the BlackBerry® PlayBook™ tablet will be available in the Philippines from 6th August 2011. The BlackBerry PlayBook will come in three Wi-Fi® models, featuring 16 GB, 32 GB or 64 GB of memory storage, and will be available nation-wide from authorized retail stores and mobile operators with a 12-month warranty.
“The BlackBerry PlayBook is an incredibly powerful and feature-rich tablet that is ideal for both business and personal use,” said Gregory Wade, Regional Managing Director at Research In Motion. “You really need to hold the BlackBerry PlayBook in your hand to fully appreciate how much it stands out in terms of power and portability, and so we encourage customers to visit a retail store and try it out for themselves,” added Wade.
The BlackBerry PlayBook features an ultra-portable design and delivers industry leading performance, uncompromised web browsing with support for Adobe® Flash®, true multitasking, HD multimedia, advanced security features, out-of-the-box enterprise support and a robust development environment.
Continue reading this article »
My UK BlackBerry fans, your wait is almost over, the BlackBerry Bold 9900 should be arriving in UK from the middle-end of August. We’re already confirmed that Vodafone and Three will be carrying the phone. In addition, according to USwitch, it will be available for free with other major UK carrier.
At this point, we don’t know what’s the length of the contract is going to be. But I figure it’s going to be a 2-year contract. Orange, O2 and Vodafone will be charging £35 a month pay monthly, while T-Mobile will be charging £30.64 a month. If black ain’t your color, perhaps you can consider waiting for the white BlackBerry Bold 9900 coming out in mid-October.
Earlier, we heard that that BlackBerry Bold 9900 passes through FCC. Now we got news that the BlackBerry Torch 2 9810 is going through the FCC right now. So what does this mean? If it passes through the FCC, it will be the second new phone that RIM releases this year.
The Torch 2 will support GSM 850 and 1900 bands, as well as WCDMA bands II and V making it ready for release on AT&T as expected. However, RIM hasn’t made an official announcement on the exact release date on it yet. But we’ve heard enough from our sources that it’s coming next month.
Stay tuned to BlackBerryInsight & we’ll let you know the latest updates!
Even though it hasn’t been officially announced by RIM yet, but from all the rumors we’ve heard about new BlackBerry devices arriving Bell at the end of August and white BlackBerry Bold 9900 available in October, we know the release of these new babies is just around the corner. Today, the folks over at MobileSyrup got news that Telus is going to be releasing a number of new BlackBerry smartphones in the month of August. The following dates are tentatively scheduled:
- BlackBerry Torch 9810 – August 19th
- BlackBerry Bold Touch 9900 – August 18 or 19th
- BlackBerry Torch 9860 – August 26th
- BlackBerry “Bellagio” (possibly Curve 9360) – TBD – Late September
“Bellagio” is the code name of that particular BlackBerry device, releasing in late September. We don’t know what exactly it is, we suspect that’s it most likely going to be a Curve 9360. Who knows! But I am sure it won’t be sold a BlackBerry Bellagio! So we these new BlackBerry smartphones coming our way, in less than a month, are you excited?
Before any BlackBerry devices get out of the factory and lay in the hands of impatiently waiting BlackBerry fans, it needs to pass through the FCC first. We have news today that the BlackBerry Bold 9900 has just passed through FCC. This means, the next step is to get these babies on retailer’s shelves.
According to FCC, the device has been sitting at FCC for quite some time now, since February 2011. The last bit of testing concluded on June 1st. This is the first BlackBerry device with Near Field Communications (NFC) capabilities, this might explain why it’s taking longer to get out of the testing lab and out to the market.
We’ve been hearing a lot rumors about the release of new BlackBerry devices, with the hype focusing on the release of BlackBerry Bold 9900. TechFIBE got their hands on a BlackBerry device release schedule of Q3 from Bell Mobility. From the schedule, it states the BlackBerry Torch 9810, BlackBerry Bold 9900, and BlackBerry Torch 9860 will be released before the end of August.
No one has confirmed these news yet. But yet again, we’ve been hearing a lot of rumors about when these new devices will be released and don’t know which one to believe. However, this gives us a good idea that the new devices will be released very soon. Probably within the next 2 months. We’ll keep you updated with more.
Twitter for BlackBerry finally leaves BlackBerry Beta Zone and heads out to the real world, BlackBerry App World. RIM just released an update of Twitter for BlackBerry to version 22.214.171.124. With a revamped UI, as well as some other tweaks and fixes, it should be better than the last version. Other updates include:
- Color Refresh: This update features a lighter color scheme consisting of light blue with a shade of white. This new, smooth color scheme makes it easy to follow where you are in the timeline and has been incorporated throughout the app.
- Compose a Tweet: It’s all about options! By default, the Tweet composer is “hidden” from the Home timeline but accessible from the new “Compose Tweet” bar located below the nav bar as displayed in Option 1 below. Clicking the “Compose Tweet” bar will bring up the Tweet composer at the bottom of the screen, similar to if you’re composing a Tweet via the Menu or by using the same hotkey that you would use to compose an email message from the BlackBerry message list (for example, in English, the hotkey is ‘c’ if using a QWERTY keyboard). Alternatively, you can choose to display the Tweet composer as a static fixture at the top of the Home timeline (see Option 2).
- Trending Topics now with local trends support: A Trending Topics icon has been added to the nav bar and now includes local trends support. Local trends helps you keep in touch with the trends in your area while on-the-go with the Twitter app.
- My Profile: Now you can access your profile quickly and easily from the nav bar (or the Menu). And, you’ll notice that the icon is personalized with your profile picture to better help you identify the account that you’re logged into (teaser: this feature will be especially helpful should we include multi-account support in a future release. #justsayin =D).
- Performance Enhancements: Last but certainly not least, we’ve included some performance enhancements to improve the overall usability of the app.
You should be able to see the update on BlackBerry App World already. Check it out from the link below.
Continue reading this article »
After all those rumors on Twitter, Sprint has finally released an OS 126.96.36.1990. It has been proven that this version is pretty solid and fast. Hopefully, this will be a major improvement from the previous version. Download OS 188.8.131.520 from the link below.
We’ve been hearing a lot of news about the BlackBerry Torch 2 being released before the Bold 9900. And today we have a leak of AT&T’s new launch sheet and BlackBerry Torch 4G seems to be on there, scheduled to be released in August. But we are a little confused, cause the device is labeled as 4G, so is it going to be the Torch 2 (9810) or the Torch 9860 (Monza)? My bids are it’s going to be the Torch 9810. What do you think?