Error 202: reset
What would you do? Most people run into the next phone shop or call their carrier support. Unfortunately, those support guys do not really know how to fix this issue – mostly. However, this is not as complicated as many might imagine. I did this for several devices already including a BlackBerry 7290, 8700v, Pearl, and others. This howto technically works with all BlackBerry models including the new BlackBerry Bold and Thunder. Here is what you need to do:
- Get the most recent BlackBerry OS as you would do when you upgrade your BlackBerry OS.
- Install this on your PC.
- Connect your BlackBerry to your PC.
- Make sure the BlackBerry Desktop Manager is NOT running.
- Open a command line by going to: Start » Run… » enter “cmd” » HIT ENTER
- Navigate to the Application Loader directory by entering: cd C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\
- Enter and start: Loader.exe /nojvm
- The BlackBerry’s Java Loader will pop up.
- Follow the instructions and install the new OS on your device.
The BlackBerry should automatically reboot at the end of the installation process and your device is back working.
More howtos can be found at: Categories:Howtos
Looking for Software for your BlackBerry? BlackBerryInsight Software Store!